The Socratic Method.
Not much to show for it.
Christmas at the ballet.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Messy desk is messy.
I love my desk. It's this heavy, solid wood antique thing I bought at a yard sale for $60 and convinced two burly men to move into my office for me.
It's beautiful, but I can't remember the last time I've seen it. Between my monitor and keyboard/mouse is an ocean of paper. I don't even know where it comes from. Every time I file things away or toss the out of date stuff, new piles seem to instantly materialize to take the place of the old.
Right now, I'm staring at:
- a can of air (for frequent dusting)
- a bill for a doctor visit
- instructions on using a prism
- a checkbook
- a spray bottle of water
- 3 CD-ROMs (two games and a rosetta stone disc)
- 1 boxed game (monopoly here & now)
- 2 packs of photos (dating back to my summer vacation)
- the Rosetta Stone curriculum text (Mandarin)
- 4 file folders filled with pertinent information
- a mason jar full of change
- a box of sun prints
- the latest issue of American Libraries
- a letter from my Aunt (containing tickets to the Nutcracker)
- a manila envelope from my Dad
- a birdwatching book
- a bag made of newspaper from Georgia (the country not the state)
- a story I wrote for a class i took in Spring 07
- a Calvin Klein ad/poster folded up
- and at the bottom of the giant pile... a folded, brown, paper bag. empty. wtf?
posted by hilary at 12:48 PM |
Links to this post: